VOLUNTARY WATERING RESTRICTIONS
Due to the high demand for water this summer and its limited availability, the Town of Wellington is requesting all residents voluntarily limit their outdoor water use by following the guide lines listed below:
1. No outdoor watering between the hours of 10:00 am and 5:00 pm.
2. Limit outdoor watering to 2 days a week.
a} Addresses ending in an odd number such as; 1,3,5,7or 9 should water only on
calendar days ending in an odd number, 2 times a week.
b} Addresses ending in an even number such as; 0,2,4,6 or 8 should water only on
calendar days ending in an even number, 2 times a week.
3. After rainstorms, turn off automatic watering systems until lawns start to get dry again.
4. Watering should be limited to only that which is necessary to keep lawns and other landscape plants alive and healthy.
5. Sprinkler systems should be maintained and adjusted to prevent water running off the lawn and into the street gutter.
6. If cars are washed outdoors at home, washing should be done with buckets and rinsed by hose with a spray nozzle. Avoid letting water run
If outdoor watering using adjudicated water wells (“Non-Utility Watering”) occurs, please post the property as being watered using “well water” or “non-potable water.”
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN THIS
VERY IMPORTANT CONSERVATION EFFORT