Community Activities Commission
The Wellington Community Activities Commission (CAC) is comprised of volunteers who want to give back to Wellington by giving their time and energy to coordinate community events. These big events help keep our small-town feel! The CAC follows the special event approval process which includes a review from multiple stakeholders for public safety including Wellington Fire Protection District, Larimer County Sheriff's Office, and Town departments. Additionally, the CAC may also refer to the Board of Trustees for direction when needed.
ADA Special Accommodation Request
If you would like to request a special accommodation for a Town activity or event, please contact the Town's ADA Coordinators as soon as possible, preferably 2 weeks before an event or activity.
Kelly Houghteling (970-556-1820) or Stephanie Anderson (970-568-3381)
2022 Event Dates
- Easter Egg Hunt – April 16, 2022
- Town Yard Sale – June 4, 2022
- Town Clean Up – June 11, 2022
- 4th of July – July 4, 2022
- Town Clean Up – September 17, 2022
- Halloween – October 31, 2022
- Veteran’s Event – November 5, 2022
- Christmas Tree Lighting – December 2, 2022
- Parade of Lights – December 3, 2022
|Member Name||Appointed||Term Expiration|
|Ali McGuinnis||June 2022||January 2025|
|Diana Sinatra||January 2022||January 2025|
|Hannah Altig||September 2022||January 2024|
|Mario Quinonez||January 2022||January 2024|
|Natalie Triplett, Chair||May 2020||January 2023|
|Blair Petersen||June 2022||January 2023|
- 5:00 p.m.
- 1st Tuesday of every month
- Leeper Center Board Room
3800 Wilson Avenue
Wellington, CO 80549
Agendas and Packets are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Agendas | Minutes | Packets
Process for Approving EventsEach event has its own set of risk factors which are reviewed by the various parties. Overall, below is the process that the Town goes through for CAC events:
- Community Activity Commission (CAC) determines options for an event
- CAC votes on the request
- CAC consults WFPD and LCSO (fire code does state they get first approval for any road closures)
- Safety issues are brought forward by WFPD and LCSO and are discussed by the CAC with the goal to mitigate any safety concerns for the event
- Town staff works with Planning, LCSO, and WFPD for final approval of events.