Notice of Wellington Town Election
A Municipal Election will be held in the Town of Wellington, Colorado on Tuesday, April 7, 2020, between the hours of seven o’clock a.m. and seven o’clock p.m. (7:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M.) This is a mail out election with no polling place. Ballots can be dropped off at the Wellington Town Hall 3735 Cleveland Avenue, Wellington, Larimer County, Colorado.
To be eligible to vote in this election:
- You must have attained eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of election;
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Resided in the Town of Wellington for 22 days prior to the election and
- Be registered to vote in Wellington.
Town officers to be elected are three (3) Trustees. The three candidates for Trustee with the highest vote total shall receive a four-year term. The candidates for Trustee are:
Daniel J. Sattler
Ashley Renee Macdonald
Mail Out Election
- Ballots will be mailed to each registered voter at the address listed on the registered voter list.
- Ballots can be mailed or dropped off at the designated location. Deadline for receipt of
mailing is 7:00 p.m. April 7, 2020.
Designated Drop Off Location is the Wellington Town Hall. Ballots can be dropped off
in the box in front of Town Hall until 7:00 p.m. Election day.
If you need to register to vote contact Cynthia Sullivan at 970-568-3381 ext. 110 or firstname.lastname@example.org for procedure and ballot.
In accordance with state municipal election statutes, only citizens who have resided within the town limits for at least 22 days before the election are eligible to vote.
Voter registration information is available online from the Colorado Secretary of State website or from the Larimer County Clerk and Recorder’s office.
Key Election Dates
- April 7, 2020: Election Day; ballots must be received no later than 7:00 p.m. to be counted.
- Unofficial results are posted once the ballots are counted. Posting will be on the Town Hall Front Door, The Leeper Center West Door, and on the Town website.
- April 15, 2020: Last day to receive ballots from Uniformed and Overseas Citizen Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) voters.
- April 17, 2020: Last day for Town Clerk to certify the election with official results.
- April 28, 2020: Swearing in of newly elected Board of Trustees Members.