The Wellington Fire Protection District is accepting applications for the position of
This process will determine an eligibility list for current and future openings. This position is a first-line supervisor and oversees day-to-day operations of their assigned crew. The Lieutenant reports to the Shift Battalion Chief.
- Associates degree; or 60 credit hours from an accredited institution of higher education; or any approved equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 36 months of recent and consecutive fire service experience
- Current Colorado/IFSAC Fire Fighter I (FF II preferred)
- Current Colorado/IFSAC Hazardous Materials Operations
- Current State of Colorado EMTB
- Current CPR Provider
- NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800
- NWCG Red Card Qualification
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Blue Card Command Qualification (within 12 months)
- DFPC Fire Instructor I (preferred)
- DFPC Fire Officer I (preferred)
Complete an application packet including:
Select, qualified candidates will receive notification of additional evaluation dates and required submissions by June 7, 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. The Wellington Fire Protection District values all applicants and encourages Veterans and minorities to apply.