The Town of Wellington Comprehensive Plan is a guiding document crafted through community input to provide a 20+ year vision for the Town's future. The goal of comprehensive planning is to align that vision with expected growth of the community, ensuring the community's values, resources, and infrastructure are properly planned.
Get Involved! Phase 3 Involvement Opportunities:
- Draft Plan Public Review Period: From March 9 to April 11 the Wellington community is encouraged to review and comment on the Wellington Comprehensive Plan Draft. You can comment online by clicking here. Hard copies of the document are available for review in-person at the Library and Town Hall.
- Plan Cover Page Photo: Photography enthusiasts are invited to share their high-resolution photos that represent Wellington. Click here to submit your photo with your email address (e.g. email@example.com) as the label so we can connect with you should there be a need. The selected photo will be used on the document's cover page. All submitted photos with their respective attribution may be used by the Town of Wellington for other communication purposes (newsletter, social media, website, etc.)
- Other ways to get involved... To stay informed about project updates and other involvement opportunities, please be sure to follow us on Facebook @WellingtonCo1905 or come back to this website often.
- Review:Click here to watch the Town Hall event that took place on Mar. 24, 2021
- Learn more: Watch the March 9, 2021 Board of Trustees Meeting below with a presentation elaborating on the draft plan and processes.
Understanding the Comprehensive Plan and Land Use Code Update process
This planning process will start with a Comprehensive Plan (the Plan) looking at all facets of the community, including but not limited to: managing growth; land use and development patterns; major infrastructure and facilities planning; attraction of commercial development (including development and redevelopment downtown); resource allocation (including looking at recommendations to maximize water supply); transportation; park and open space management; and regional coordination.
The Land Use Code will serve as the regulatory tool to implement the principles and policies identified in the Comprehensive Plan. Once finalized, the two components of this planning effort will enable the Town’s governing bodies in their decision-making, to move policy and development forward in a purposeful and productive way.