Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
In order for us to complete your request for a ride-along, please upload a photo of your valid driver's license.
I do willingly participate in the Wellington Fire Protection District (WFPD) Ride-Along Program, in that I will be riding with WFPD personnel in a fire vehicle while on routine & emergency operations. I hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action, which may arise against the WFPD, it's liability carrier and any or all personnel of WFPD on account of my participation in the WFPD Ride-Along Program.
I hereby acknowledge that I assume responsibility for any accident or injury which may befall me while so engaged, and forever release WFPD, it's liability carrier and all personnel of WFPD from any claim whether it be based on negligence, inadvertent or unforeseen incidents. I further represent that I understand all risks involved and agree that this waiver and release shall be binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
1. All persons riding along with the crews (observers) of the Wellington Fire Protection District (WFPD) should be dressed in a presentable manner. Observers shall wear a collared shirt with appropriate long pants with closed-toe shoes. Observers shall not wear shorts, sandals or t-shirts except those authorized from WFPD fire academies. If the rider is not dressed satisfactorily, the Officer and/or their Supervisors have the right to refuse or terminate the ride along.
2. Observers are under the complete direction of the Officer at all times.
3. Observers shall not leave the fire vehicle at the scene of any incident or training unless directed by the Officer.
4. Observers shall not converse with patients, homeowners, business owners, suspects, witnesses or other parties contacted during fire business unless directed by the Officer.
5. Observers shall exercise restraint to not interfere with WFPD activities at any time. Due to possible radio traffic from the apparatus radio, the Officer will communicate appropriate times for questions and inquiries. Any citizen inquiries or comments directed to you as an observer shall be redirected to the Officer or a member of WFPD immediately.
6. Any type of audio or video recording or photography is prohibited. Cell phones may be carried for emergencies, but shall be placed on vibrate or silent and should not be used to communicate any WFPD activity.
7. Observers will not handle or operate any WFPD equipment unless directed by the Officer.
8. Under the requirements of the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), observers who may come into contact with private health related information will agree in writing, to keep all confidential information learned during their ride-along participation confidential.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field