- Our Town
- Clerk's Office
- Campaign Finance
Candidates and committees in municipal elections are required to file appropriate campaign finance forms with the Town Clerk.
Standalone candidates are candidates without a candidate committee. A candidate committee is not required if you will not seek or accept contributions during candidacy or if a candidate will only spend their own money. A candidate committee is required if a candidate will accept money from any other person or entity.
A candidate committee accepts contributions and makes expenditures under the authority of the candidate. A candidate committee includes the candidate. It is not necessary for a candidate committee to have additional members. A candidate can only have one active candidate committee.
A political committee is any person, other than a natural person, or any group of two or more persons, including natural persons that have accepted or made contributions or expenditures in excess of $200 to support or oppose the nomination or election of one or more candidates.
Colorado law defines an issue committee as any person, other than a natural person, or any group of two or more persons, including natural persons, that has:
- A major purpose of supporting or opposing any ballot issue or ballot question; and
- That has accepted or made contributions or expenditures in excess of $200 to support or oppose any ballot issue or ballot question OR;
- Printed two hundred or more petition sections.
An organization or group of people who support or oppose an issue should familiarize themselves with the laws concerning issue committees before the group engages in political activity to ensure compliance with any campaign finance laws that may apply.
All reports required to be filed are public records.
The following forms can be downloaded and may be submitted electronically. All forms must be submitted to the town clerk by 5:00 pm on the due date. Forms may be submitted electronically to be considered timely, however originals must be received in the Clerk's office within seven (7) days of the due date.
- New Committee Registration
- Statement of Personal Expenditures by Candidate
- Detailed Report of Contributions and Expenditures
- Notice of Major Contributor
- 48 Hour Notice of Independent Expenditure
- Statement of Non-Receipt and Non-Expenditure
Please read the Campaign Finance Manual for additional campaign finance information.